Finally, Checkra1n Jailbreak is updated to support iOS 14.0. So here is a how-to iOS 14.0 Checkra1n Jailbreak, and all you need to know before jailbreaking.
Checkra1n team updated it to supports iOS 14.0 and hopefully, will update it to support any new version that will come in the future. Checkra1n is built upon an exploit in the process that can’t be patched unless Apple replaces the processor. Originally, it officially supports A7-A11 devices, which means any iPhone below the iPhone X.
Earlier today, the Checkra1n team tweeted that their jailbreak now supports A8x-A9(x) devices on iOS 14, the latest iOS version! For now, these are the only supported devices, in the future, we will see support for A10 and A11 devices. At the moment A10 or A11 is only Jailbreak-able on iOS 13.7, So, if you have already updated, you can downgrade now, click here for the tutorial.
If you have a supported iPhone/iPad and you want to jailbreak here’s a tutorial:
Post Update Log:
- Checkra1n now supports iOS 14.0.1
- Checkra1n now supports iOS 14.2
- Checkra1n Updated their app to 0.12.0 version: (9th of Oct)
- Official iOS 14.1 Support.
- Official iOS 14.2 Support.
- A10-A10(x) devices support.
- Limited A11 devices support.
By the time of writing this article, most of the Cydia tweaks are not compatible yet with iOS 14.0, this is because most of the developers don’t actually own jailbreak-able devices to modify and test their tweaks to support iOS 14. So, you will likely need to wait for a checkra1n update to support more devices to get working Cydia tweaks.
One thing to mention, Checkra1n is a Semi-Tethered Jailbreak, which means unlike Unc0ver, you will need a computer to install it. It supports only macOS and Linux computers, so if you are using windows, you will need to get your hands on a macOS or a Linux computer.
If you want to proceed with Jailbreaking your iPhone, make sure to take a full backup before starting.
Checkra1n supports iPhone/iPads with A8x-A9(x) processes, and here is a list of them.
- iPads: iPad Air 2, Pro “First Generation”, 5th Generation, and Mini 4.
- iPhones: iPhone SE “first generation”, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, and 7 Plus. Limited Support for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
iOS 14.0 Checkra1n Jailbreak.
- Head to Checkra1n official website and download the latest version.
- Once downloaded, double click “checkra1n beta 0.11.0.dmg” file, and move it to the “Application Folder“.
- Lunch Checkra1n, if you got this error go to “Settings→ Security and Privacy→ General→ Open Anyway“.
- Plug-in your iPhone/iPad, and click on “Start“, then “Next“.
- Checkra1n will ask you to put your iPhone/iPad into DFU mode, full the instructions to enter DFU.
- Wait until the Jailbreaking process is completed.
Note that iOS 14.0 Checkra1n Jailbreak may not work from the first try, but definitely will work from the second one.
iOS 14.x Compatible Tweaks List: