Checkra1n Jailbreak for A10 (x), and A11.
Checkra1n team released an update to their jailbreaking tool to fully support A10(x) devices, and limitedly support to A11 devices.
Previously, Checkra1n team, updated their jailbreak tool to support A7-A9(x) devices for all iOS 14 versions. To be honest, this was expected, as their jailbreak is built upon hardware exploit found in Apple’s A7-A11 processors. So, if you have an iPhone/iPad older than A10, proceed with this tutorial.
Checkra1n 0.12.0 Features.
- Official iOS 14.1 Support.
- Official iOS 14.2 Support.
- A10-A10(x) devices support.
- Limited A11 devices support.
One thing to mention, Checkra1n is a Semi-Tethered Jailbreak, which means unlike Unc0ver, you will need a computer to install it. Currently, their tool supports only macOS and Linux computers, so if you are using windows, you will need to get your hands on a macOS or a Linux machine.
If you need to proceed and jailbreak your iPhone/iPad, make sure to back it up before getting started.
Checkra1n now fully supports A7-A10(x) devices.
- iPads: iPad Air 2, Pro “First Generation”, 5th Generation, and Mini 4.
- iPhones: iPhone SE “first generation”, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, and 7 Plus. Limited Support for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
Checkra1n Jailbreak for A10(x) devices:
- Head to Checkra1n official website and download the latest version.
- Once downloaded, double click “checkra1n beta 0.11.0.dmg” file, and move it to the “Application Folder“.
- Lunch Checkra1n, if you got this error go to “Settings→ Security and Privacy→ General→ Open Anyway“.
- Plug-in your iPhone/iPad, and click on “Start“, then “Next“.
- Checkra1n will ask you to put your iPhone/iPad into DFU mode, full the instructions to enter DFU.
- If you’re jailbreaking a limited-supported iPhone/iPad, make sure to disable “BPR” from the tool’s options.
- Wait until the Jailbreaking process is completed.
Note that Checkra1n Jailbreak for A10(x) may not work from the first try, but definitely will work from the second one.